In the 2016 year, my uncle invited me and my granmother to Torres del Paine in Patagonia of Chile. He is a runner and there was going to be a race in there, so we accompanied him for 3 days. The first day we arrived in Punta arenas, we took a bus to Puerto Natales and where we stayed in a small but beautiful hotel. The first thing I felt when I arrived was the cold and the wind on my face and body but I loved how cozy the town was and how quiet it was.

The day of race it was a second day, we took a bus at 04:30 am to arrive at the starting point at approximately 6 o'clock. The meeting point was at a beautiful and huge hotel (also very expensive) where they received the runners for the day, offering food and drinks to the companions as well. 

The view of the place was beautiful, the mountains looked huge and full of snow, the cold was very cold but with a hot coffee it went away quickly. While we were waiting for my uncle we met many people from different countries, my grandmother is very sociable and talks to everyone even if she doesn't understand the language. It was a very nice experience admiring nature and sharing with new people, my grandmother is very fun and I never get bored with her. 

When my uncle reached the finish line we ran to hug him and congratulate him, it was a long run through the mountains. He has run races of up to 200 kilometers, they are races lasting more than a day! I don't know how he does it but he does it.

Comentarios

Entradas populares